Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
vogue paris october 2008
here are some of the translation highlights:
Editor-in-chief of jewellry and watches for Vogue, Brune de Margerie is not only attracted to things that sparkle. Born in the 7th arrondissement and having "the chance to live there again," this mother of a 9-year-old son, worked first in the press, then in the world of accessories before coming to specialize in beautiful stones and horological complications.
- Style: Brune bases her wardrobe on three basic colors: black, grey and navy blue. A chromatic minimalism can be found in the designers she favors: Stefano Pilati, Martin Margiela, Nicolas Ghesquière, Alber Elbaz, whose clothes she mixes with things from Et Vous and Zara.
- A favorite item: She favors a classic look in her outfits, even for her jeans: skinny jeans from Acne, or flares from Used.
- Accessories: two classic obsessions: shoes (lots of Alaïa, Saint Lauren, Zanotti, a few ballerina flats and Converses for the week-end) and clutches by Balenciaga and Givenchy.
- Jewelry: Brune cultivates an esthetic anti-magpie -- nothing ostentatious, but with lasting value and a connection with her husband: a Tiffany diamond, a Love bracelet in white gold, a ring with a chalcedony rabbit by Eva Segura, and three diamond bands given to her by her sisters when she turned 30.
- Dream: "A house on Martha's Vineyard or on Nantucket. My model is the house in 'Something's Gotta Give' the Nancy Meyers film with Diane Keaton and Jack Nicholson." And a weekend in Italy in the Aeolian islands with her husband.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
this has been the craziest day...we are from so cal, have lived in vegas 5 years and have seen snow around this time before, but nothing like this...5" and counting! i am playing in a tennis tournament this weekend - weather permitting - how weird would that be if it was canceled due to snow...here in our desert!